At last - a finish!!
Just over a month from start to finish - not bad for me !!!
and some photos to follow showing some more of the details....
The second border row is why I will have to wash and soak now to get the blue lines out.
No other marks anywhere :)
Can you see my trademark Ladybug ? Nestled in the corner?
Its not really very big, and hard to find when looking for it on the whole quilt - but that is the fun part.
Swirls to match the fabric - sort of..
I unpicked the border I mentioned earlier and "Leafed it"
It worked a treat Kim and I also did some on the outer border
Blogger turned the one above and below sideways :(
Some of the back
The lower section of the back - as you can see my backing didnt work too well and I have a couple of 'gathered sections'
I need to starch a little more for the nwxt big quilt.
As I didnt have enough of the cream fabric for the backing - I added some more batic - the brown and some of the same one in the outer border.
The outer border was done with green on the back as wlell as a darker shade on the top.
The leafed border I re=-did...is sewn with blue at the back as in the fromt.
I used Aurifil 50 weight on the top and bobbin, and for the dark blue Guttermans 50...but this was not nearly as good as the Aurifil I only used up what I had.
I used mostly Microtex 70 needles but the best where the 70 titanium needles.
Now I think thats more than enough of this quilt!!
I am weary.... so today I will rest and then...
start again on my WCQ.