Free Motion Quilt Challenge 2012 Bonus #3 from Diane Loomis.
At last I have done the wadding on my trapunto.
I did do some sketches... this one was going on the silk dupioni, but I couldn't get my machines to sew on it!
After trying first on my Bernina 820, I couldnt get the tension right...the top thread of my water soluble thread kept breaking.
Next I tried on y Pffaf 7550 - still no success.
Then I got my Bernina 440 , and I manged to get the thread to hold in the bobbin with the water soluble thread, but only managed a few inches at a time with the top thread...BUT eventually I got it all completed. I used the long feather in sketch above for the sides of the pieced and then worked out a butterfly for the near center.
Back of my Trapunto piece.
AND at last I have got some of Andrea's lone star sewn.
I have come to a bit of a stop. Where the side triangle was meant to fit
in - it didn't fit! So I am in thinking mode.
I will unpick and sew to
measured parts of the seam as see hope that it fits then.
Catch up again soon.