FMQ for the Challenge Friday May 7th.
I used YLI silk color 226 on the top and Aurofil 50 2314 in the bobbin. I drew the two circles first with blue 'washout' pen and just roughly drew the spine of the large central feather. All the rest was FMQ and I made u as I went. I couldn't see where I was going :( and started the circles for the central feather on one of the feathers ...so I have extra circles :)Some of the quilting I have used a cream Aurofil thread in the top - my silk broke. Every now and again I lost my concentration and got slightly muddled..for the fillers I just played... used some McTavishing for the first time... and finally I bound it in some of the binding fabric I had left over for the Prism Quilt ( which I also finished today and am hand-sewing the binding on.
Maybe a photo of that tomorrow]... and I washed the sample. I have used cotton wadding .
I much prefer wool.
I am using my lap-top for this post..as my main computer has been turning on and off ALL day. Very frustrating!
So this is the first day of the two weeks for the FMQ challenge...more tomorrow.