Well I have been sewing some more between other things - does my heart good!
THE MOVIE WAS MEANT TO GO HERE -
Had a problem or two so I will try again tomorrow.
I had Laura ask me how I did my nauticle shell sewing - so I thought the best thing I could do was to
actually draw them and sew them.
Unfortunately I cant remember how I got music in to my other recordings - too long between them...
So ... its a silent movie :(
and as yet I have been unable to work out how to get it here :(
Its not a very good picture - if you had seen how I did the movie with my camera... you would have giggled, but hopefully its not too bad.
Used a variety of thread ...mostly silk with fine line in the bobbin
All these pictures are of the same piece - the light was not too good in the folloinwg ones.
The first picture is more the colour of the satin.
This nautical Shell (became a snail) is the one I did the video of.
Thats it - I am off to bed!!
As you can see - I have a way to go with this piece.
Well I have done this one on a small scale so I didnt take too long .
Thank you to Teri Lucaswho is our tutor for this month.
I have really enjoyed geting to this one, and indeed just sewing!
Its great tutorial!
The top of the J looks likes its nodding :( better next time I hope.
Also - a great big thank you too to SewCalGal for holding this challege.- and keeping me on track.
I am learning so much!
What I nearly forgot to say is, that I used several different cotton on top of the peice, and Bottm line on the bobbin for all the work.
I used some rainbow thread from Superior ( I found some Rhonda ) Threads, some King Tut, some silk - which I just love, and some other cotton which I cant remember at present. :(
I also changed the titanium needles - lower for the silk and highter for the 40 weight. I didnt use the
Aurifil - for a change.
I hope to get some more done on this Months Challenge...