FMQ Challenge 22nd May - Last piece for now
This is the last piece for the FMQ Challenge - the sun was out for a while and it is easier to see the pattern developing. Today when I went to take a photo - no sun...so I shall post the back of the completed sample and when the sun finally comes out and the light is good - I will post another photo of the completed front - bound and all!
This as you can see is the detail on the back -
NOW - I need to move onto some hand sewing again!
The top was sewn with a soft red silk thread and the back in a light Aurofil thread... I used a #70 sewing needle. The wadding was cotton and the completed piece has been washed.
I did use the BSR for a while - but I changed to an open-toe darning foot, as I felt more comfortable using that.
I will post the front again when we have sunshine - May be a while :)