Completed this yesterday actually!
I felt a bit more comfortable with this ...when I got to the end of it!
The first 3 top blocks...that you cant see.. I did a different filler design before I settled with the McTavishing within the circle.
I found it ery difficult to do the side borders as it was worked.. 'backwards ' for me... and I couldn't remember what I had done at the top ...need to make notes as I go I think.
The small swirls in the sashing were a little unsteady - that got easier toward the last bit too.
When I unrolled the quilt - I had this tension issue to deal with - so I am frogging this...in the circles across the top blocks...
I will have to resew these sections with the machine on the table now and get back to my frame later with another quilt..
I had such issues with the tension till I figured out how to get it right, bringing the machine to the end of the table, and fastening it with Velcro firmly to the frame so it wouldnt move when I did my test bits by moving my hands. I have not been very successful using a small hand mirror to see under the quilt as I sew.
Still working that one out.
Will do some frogging over the weekend as I cant see it well enough at night.....
so Back to the DWR for a bit.