More February FMQ Challenge today.
Plumed feather - learning from the February tutorial by Diane Gaudynski. There is also great info on her blog This photo didn't come out blue - obviously the exposure was wrong..
This is sewn on satin fabric - a piece that was left over from making a Tutu for Andrea for her ballet.
I have never sewn on satin for quilting before - I really enjoyed it...
I must admit that this small piece - approximately 6" x 12"took me All day to sew - but I did have a few breaks between.
My concentration left me a few times...hence some lines that were a bit skewd ..
There is one of my trademark ladybugs in amongst the stippling.
This was my practise piece :)
A close up of the top corner cection
and a close up of the lower corner.
This was my Practise Practise piece where I tried out some of what I wanted to do.
This lovely satin fabric was a different blue and is from the very first Tutu I made Andrea.
My Sample is sewn with a very pale greenish YLI #100 silk thread on the top, Aurifil 50 in the bobbin.
I used a 70/10 Superior Topstitch Titanium needle and had no problems with it.
I used my 820 Bernina DSM, (Nessie), quilting stitch #1324, the tension was set at 2.0 and the presser foot was at 15.
I do love my sewing machine!
Andrea is going well - and I hope to get back to my WCQ tomorrow.