I started this piece tonight ... May continue with it tomorrow - or start another one.
I started to echo round the edge...and wondered what to do the fill with...
maybe I will stick with the same varigated thread to see what it looks like - I can always make another cushion .... I guess.
I did draw the feathers roughly to give me a guide where to quilt, and changed them as I was sewing. Curved the centres into the stem more than I had drawn. It seems to be easier to sew than draw at times.
This is black homespun cotton on a Kona beige cotton backing , it has a cotton wadding, and I am using Aurifil thread top and bobbin. The tension is set on 2.0